The House Edges Of Different Casino Games
You can’t actually play our coin flip game in a casino so here in this part 2 we will apply this concept to two casino games.
Roulette. Is a very basic casino game which almost everyone has known.
In Roulette, there are 36 numbers, not including the zero, with 18 red and 18 black. The number zero is neither red nor black. Once the wheel spins, there is an equal chance that the ball will stop at any of the numbers 0 – 36.
If you wager on red and it comes up, you win. A £1 bet would win £1.
There is an 18 out of 37 chance of a red color coming up, meaning that you have a 48.6% chance of winning as well as a 51.4% chance of losing.
Blackjack. Forget card counting or anything you have seen in the films, basic blackjack is the casino game with the smallest house edge.
There are a variety of rule sets for blackjack, and the house edge depends on those rules as well as on how close to the strategy the player is playing. But most blackjack games have a house edge of about 0.5p per £1 bet (0.5%).
Just think about that so low 0.5%. It’s the equivalent of playing the coin flip game with the rules below:
- If the coin comes up heads, I win £1 and you lose £1.
- If the coin comes up tails, you win £1.01 and I lose £1.01.
How Casino Bonuses Work
Now with the basics out the way, let’s talk about the juicy stuff. How to make some money from casino bonuses?
The same like matched betting, most casinos offer new players an incentive to sign up and play at their casinos.
Unluckily, unlike with matched betting, there is no way for us to hedge out our bets. However, we can use this knowledge of the house edge in order to turn things in our favor. If the bonus is good, we can expect to make money.